JRH Products
    Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hyper-Inflation?

Interesting read...

https://www.economicpolicyjournal.co...ransitory.html

She said: "at the least, transitory hyperinflation."

I am sure it wouldn't stay very long and be "transitory"
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

let's assume she's "right on"

"what do we do?"

run up the credit cards, then pay it back with inflated dollars? that seems to be the plan of the United States.
    my problem with this plan is i have fixed income and very few items that will inflate in value. a plumber or any tradesman can just raise his hourly rate to compensate for stuff costing him more $$.

we could go out and buy things that we feel will go up in value. maybe precious metals, land, rental property? stocks?
    lots of these items are already over priced in my opinion.

i'm just rambling... but concerned... suggestions... ?

With the price of lumber being already hyper inflated, I read where it has raised the average price of a new home $38,000. My homeowners insurance was due for renewal last week. I called my independent agent who keeps up with rising cost and my coverage from last year wasn’t nearly enough to rebuild at today’s cost. Something to keep in mind.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    With the price of lumber being already hyper inflated, I read where it has raised the average price of a new home $38,000. My homeowners insurance was due for renewal last week. I called my independent agent who keeps up with rising cost and my coverage from last year wasn’t nearly enough to rebuild at today’s cost. Something to keep in mind.
    CPI up 4%+...worst since 2008. Stock market dropping like a rock. If you need it, best buy it.

Our neighbors had a major house fire last fall. The construction crew seems to have run out of lumber...

More and more in lamestream media you are hearing the dreaded I word- inflation.

Just like when they started flooding the media with "housing bubble" after all of us were calling it that for a year or two before, I feel this portends something getting closer.

So I like the Weimar stories and have read a ton of books with the accounts of the when and why of that. But a lot has changed. Few general public types even use paper FRNs any more. So it's unlikely to have any "wheelbarrow loads of cash" stories this go around. Unless it's folks like that draining their mattresses at the last minute.

How will a hyper inflation situation play out today?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Administrator
    I don't know how this will play out, but the stock market is very unhappy...I'm thankful we divested.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I cannot predict how anything that is happening today can play out. We all know some sort of inflation is already here, but the .gov and the Fed is doing everything possible to cover it up, or at least having their propaganda machine to keep it hushed. I am taking most of my excess cash and buying tangibles, real estate, further preps, etc. Anything that you know you will need/want in the future and can buy now, we are trying to do. Anything that will hold value for us, we are looking at to purchase. I want things in hand and not on paper or stored in a vault/bank. We have seen how easy the .gov can shut things down in confiscate things, wether they have the right to or not, and how hard and costly it will be for you to fight to get it back. Sure I have my IRA, but I moved most of it to a precious metals IRA a few years back and I hold the precious metals myself.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!