JRH Products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lumber prices!!

lumber prices!!

i was watching a youtube about a couple building a homestead and they commented on lumber prices being high!

so i went to lowe's website...

2x4 over $6.00

!SHEESH!

any builders or others know why?
    or making any predictions on prices...

i've got a couple of projects that require some framing and plywood...
    this looks like prices have doubled in the last year or so.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    okay..rr posted this in January 2021,
    now this by SP1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdXu_HifP5c
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

wow... thanks...
    my projects aren't critical today... in jan. i just decided "heck no. i ain't paying that " i'll put that project off.
    i should have gone home, got the trailer, and gone back to the store and loaded the trailer...

i need to get these projects done... but "heck no. i ain't paying that"

checked some of his prices against local lowe's
    2x12 x 16 63.50 a little less here but none available.
    other prices local for me about 3-4 % less
    one was higher...

his message is "right on"
    i haven't watched any of his youtubes... if time permits, i will.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    i was watching a youtube about a couple building a homestead and they commented on lumber prices being high!

so i went to lowe's website...

2x4 over $6.00

!SHEESH!

any builders or others know why?
    or making any predictions on prices...

i've got a couple of projects that require some framing and plywood...
    this looks like prices have doubled in the last year or so.
    Prices are up here, and part of the reason is a construction boom in FL, where thousands of northerners are trying to move. Whole subdivisions and condo complexes are being built everywhere!

Just like a PRAIRIE DOG TOWN, eh? Popping up everywhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    .....his message is "right on"
    i haven't watched any of his youtubes... if time permits, i will.
    He has been pretty quiet over the last couple years, and really just the last few months he has put out several vids. I know he had some healtyh issues in his family, but he seems to be posting new stuff every couple days now. He likes his "little green men" videos
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

$30. for 2x12 8' PT yesterday in S. Georgia..... I asked how much crack came with it for that price and do they provide the pipe or do I have to find one?

Got out to the "yard" to pick it up and told the kids "I'm never that guy that goes through lumber like a jeweler picking out a diamond but at these prices I'm damn sure going to."

Meanwhile, you sign a timber contract that ties up your land for a year and the lazy ba.tards never come to cut anything at all, fifty excuses, couple of days wasted marking and RE marking boundaries, etc. cause "we will be out next week."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

LD, congratulations on your lumber shopping ability!

i checked our local lowes store for 2x12x8 on the internet...

found 3 entries
    34.57 35.57 and 36.98

and they had none available... making me guess that the next load they get in will be an additional $1.00

I guess I got lucky. I priced 4x4x8s in January...14.88. I picked them up 3-days ago for the same price. The internet price was higher, but I called the store, the price was the same as Jan. 2x8s and 2x12s were out-of-sight (didn't need them). Delivery for 12-miles was $50, so I hauled them myself in two loads ( I needed 50). If you have the time to be put on hold, call them before going in and the write down the part number. That saved me several dollars per board.

Blog Entries
    doing work on the cabin and needed some 1x4x8 T&G pine...$10.56 each

NO 10-289!