JRH Products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

a covid story... but could relate to any shtf situation

a short story. a what if.. at each step what would you do?

man and wife had 3 children. boy and girl and sick baby (very sick boy) man and wife were both athletic and highly educated.
    sick baby was so sick mom had to quit her job as a school principal and family had to hire assistance in the home. her name was helper.
    no wife income.. high expense for home assistance.. not counting extra expense and time for doctor visits and travel and copays etc..
    boy and girl were exceptional children in all regards. ages 2 and 3.5 christian family.
    ----
    helper came to work one day and reported not feeling well. so man took her to the doctor. helper had covid. she had been dealing with children before the left the house.
    when man tells the story, he mentions that he should have rolled the windows down, so that air in vehicle would not have been contained.
    wife grabbed sick baby and headed to a hotel. his heart/lungs/everything was already compromised.
    man took boy and girl to the doctor. all 3 were covid. did they get it -covid that morning? or the days before? who knows?
    boy and girl never had symptoms that were obvious.
    man got bad sick. self medicated. most of the time couldn't get out of bed.. man was that sick for 10 days..
    ---
    folks were afraid to go help. many friends/neighbors left food at the door. a doctor friend said she'd ppe up and come help. man needed help, but doctor was needed at hospital badly.
    helper was bad sick. couldn't get out of bed...
    what about the 2 little kids... they fended for themselves. scavenged food in house.. would open boxes and gather under the table to eat cereal or apple or whatever they found.
    after man got better and tested negative, wife came home... kids acting like savages . (i overstated that) it took 3 weeks for their eating habits to return to normal.
    end of tale.

a medical person has told me that there are multiple strains... some worse than others.
    maybe central american helper came in the house with a bad strain?
    maybe the kids could have been farmed out to friends? could b and g have given the virus to their new caretakers? ?

just a little story about where the shtf for a small family..
    Last edited by rockriver; 05-11-2021 at 11:08 AM. Reason: clarifying names

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    rr...sorry to hear a story like this and hope all are doing good...

So...how do we help ourselves before this happens to us? Just like any other horrible virus, it has the ability to spread and can cause some to get mildly sick and others to get real sick sometimes hospital requiring sick. Some things we all can do to help avoid this is take control of your own health. Work on your weight if you are overweight as studies have shown the obese do worse with COVID. Start daily vitamin/mineral routine. Vitamin D and Zinc has shown in studies to be helpful with treatment and prophylaxis. Quercetin has shown promise as well. Eat healthy and exercise daily.

Other things to do is learn what is effective with the treatment of COVID, and if need be inform your provider if you get sick. Have medical studies to show your providers and take control of your own health. Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine have shown to be effective treatments....yeah, yeah...I know HCQ was said to be harmful and bad, but the CDC reversed that and studies disprove that. The following link shows studies and effectiveness of several treatments. Research and be informed from trustful sites and data, not just listening to the MSM for your medical advice. That holds true for not just COVID but any of your health issues.

Look at this site. On the top of the page are links to additional drugs that have been studied. Read and become informed and learn that there have now been several good studies on a lot of different treatments for this virus. Just like any other prepping we do, knowledge is key.

www.Ivmmeta.com
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Very sad and troubling story; it would seem that a good support system outside the nuclear family was missing. People who go to work when they're not feeling well are responsible for a lot of illness!

I only wear a mask when forced due to needed services because a virus can easily penetrate the weave size of any mask except the very expensive ones. I do maintain my distance, as much for others' comfort level as my own. I eat healthy, get what exercise I can, and take vitamins (a variety including D3). Since I never seem to get sick (I just injure myself), my health would appear to be generally great. If anything, I'm too thin, but not malnourished.

Obesity is a huge factor in COVID infections, as well as other comorbidities like diabetes, high BP, and asthma. The SAD contributes in a major way to comorbidities. Americans need to rethink how/what they eat, and what foods are going to be put away for long term. Beans and rice and noodles are filling but not the healthiest option. I loaded up on FD meat, vegetables, butter powder, cheese powder, and shredded cheeses. I rotate my canned bacon as needed. I can live off the fat of my larder! I still have lots of beans and rice and noodles, and some biscuit mix and pilot crackers, but those are my last resort option. I try to stay away from anything with sugar and high carbs. My A1c appreciates that, and so does my blood pressure.

Covid/ Dunno.
    But for me, got a bad respiratory flu thanksgiving of 2019.
    Lasted week and a half or so, felt like warmed horse patties.
    For about 6 months would get short of breath but that passed.

Haven't worn a mask yet and not going to.
    Haven't been to a hospital or doctor in more than 15 years.

Since mid-2020, I take ivermectin every 2 months

Have HCQ but haven't had the need for it.
    Z-pak's also but haven't had the need.
    Have always taken Zinc, Magnesium and Selenium once a week.

Dunno about this covid thing, but I know there are 11 Novel Coronaviruses.
    3 of which affect humans and this current one is one of those three with
    a non-natural variation (NOT mutation IMHO)

So much BS information out there, it's very hard to tell what you
    hear is true and what's not.

I couldn't get worried about a viral flu that you had to have a test
    to see if you had it and has a survival rate of over 99%.

I've cracked chests and delivered 3 babies that weren't from anybody I knew.
    So I've been around medical most of my life.
    Don't take anything I said above as gospel.
    BTW, I've never had a flu shot either.

Make your own decision.

Administrator
    PRC: I get a flu shot every year but won't get a COVID vaccine. Let Fauci and his WVL figure it out...I'm part of the 25%+ that don't plan on getting the Wuhan Flu vaccine.

you folks talking about "obesity" and "working on your weight" made me wonder if i had a camera turned on when i sit in this chair...

rr

Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    PRC: I get a flu shot every year but won't get a COVID vaccine. Let Fauci and his WVL figure it out...I'm part of the 25%+ that don't plan on getting the Wuhan Flu vaccine.
    Good call,
    World of difference between the annual FLU SHOT and the COVID jab which is called a vaccine for propaganda purposes but is ACTUALLY an unlicensed experimental mRNA drug.

Somehow the thought of "volunteering" to be a guinea pig never went over well with me, even when back in college.

Couple things crossed my mind about this.

First the profound question which is "What do they have planned for us that is SO BAD they have to disarm all of us first?"

Second is :
    First they sell us all on the need for the jab.
    Then they threaten us all to take the jab
    And now they're offering to pay us BIG MONEY to take the jab.

Pretty similar to the Polio fiasco which was kept VERY QUIET.
    We all had to get the polio shot and WOW polio was never a big thing in the USA.
    Odd thing was,,, Europe NEVER took the polio shot and they didn't have polio either.

I guess that thalidomide thing that keeps coming back to mind as another HURRY UP medication.
    https://thalidomide.ca/en/what-is-thalidomide/

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE LITTLE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN said THE GREAT AND WONDERFUL OZ
    You know him, he's the one that you can't sue and can't be held liable for ANY DAMAGE done to you.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Good call,
    World of difference between the annual FLU SHOT and the COVID jab which is called a vaccine for propaganda purposes but is ACTUALLY an unlicensed experimental mRNA drug.

Somehow the thought of "volunteering" to be a guinea pig never went over well with me, even when back in college.

Couple things crossed my mind about this.

First the profound question which is "What do they have planned for us that is SO BAD they have to disarm all of us first?"

Second is :
    First they sell us all on the need for the jab.
    Then they threaten us all to take the jab
    And now they're offering to pay us BIG MONEY to take the jab.

Pretty similar to the Polio fiasco which was kept VERY QUIET.
    We all had to get the polio shot and WOW polio was never a big thing in the USA.
    Odd thing was,,, Europe NEVER took the polio shot and they didn't have polio either.

I guess that thalidomide thing that keeps coming back to mind as another HURRY UP medication.
    https://thalidomide.ca/en/what-is-thalidomide/

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE LITTLE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN said THE GREAT AND WONDERFUL OZ
    You know him, he's the one that you can't sue and can't be held liable for ANY DAMAGE done to you.
    I went to school with a couple thalidomide children. Mean kids would call them "Flipper" behind their backs. I'm not sure why there is such a push for the mRNA vaccines, or the blood-clot-causing J&J shot, but I'm opting to pass and leave my DNA just the way it is. It's served me well for many years!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    you folks talking about "obesity" and "working on your weight" made me wonder if i had a camera turned on when i sit in this chair...

rr

I can't see you. I can just see the people in the grocery store getting COVID vaccines and the majority of them are overweight, as their cart full of chips and cookies sits nearby... They're the same people I see in the doctor's office waiting room who look miserable and generally unhealthy. I also see them in line at the Wally World pharmacy...

Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    I went to school with a couple thalidomide children. Mean kids would call them "Flipper" behind their backs. I'm not sure why there is such a push for the mRNA vaccines, or the blood-clot-causing J&J shot, but I'm opting to pass and leave my DNA just the way it is. It's served me well for many years!

Oh you silly person!
    It's so obvious YOU ARE NOT IN THE GROOVE WITH THE NEW MAJORITY !

Felt the need for a humor injection.