JRH Products
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    nice job...
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    nice job...
    Today I made stuffed peppers and stuffed summer squash (peppers and squash from the garden), and a chicken cordon bleu casserole (which had nothing to do with the garden). I'm going to be off cooking duty for a couple of weeks, so I'm using my produce to cook extra to put in the freezer to make my husband's job a defrost-and-reheat routine instead of cooking from scratch like I normally do. More of the same tomorrow - I have a bunch of sweet red mini peppers that I will use along with a garden onion to make a big batch of chicken fajitas. They're always better reheated!

We ate stuffed peppers tonight and he asked if the peppers were "ours". Affirmative! No wonder they tasted so much better

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    things always seem to taste better from our gardens....
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    things always seem to taste better from our gardens....
    I have 6 more eggplants growing in the garden. They should be ready to harvest in a week or so, and then I'll be busy processing them to put up for later. After only getting 1 eggplant last year, getting 7 this year is exciting. Unfortunately, my tomatoes are dying off, the squash is already pulled out of the garden, onions are gigantic, peppers are still going strong. Sweet potato slips are planted and looking healthy, but I have a couple more huge ones, complete with many leaves, that I'd like to plant. I'm not able to hoe up any more ground - I have a few more weeks before manual labor gets added back into my life - so I'm confined to the containers. I just don't want to tie them up when it's time to put in broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

stores running out of catfood?
    sounds to me like biden supporters spending all their free stuff money on meth. and found catfood to be cheap food.
    our cats didn't get excited about the dry bagged (cheapest i could find) food... new neighbor moved in... she loves cats.
    has multiple bowls of cat food outside her door.

she called about a security situation and i asked if she had seen a gray cat with white feet? oh yes, she responds and came with 2 half grown cats too... um hmm.. thats our cat and her 2 kittens born out of an incestuous relationship. cat had no scruples. no shame... thought her brother was some big ole stud... well, he was a big ole cat... and no wonder cats kittens are dumber than dirt.

well, our mousers have found better groceries down the road... so, we are looking for a new cat...
    Last edited by rockriver; 07-19-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Administrator
    Cat food section in Walmart and Publix still looks like a kitty hurricane was coming! Then again, lots of sections of shelves in both stores are bare or threadbare.

I keep opening the door and inviting my cat to run away, but she refuses

Administrator
    Victory!! Well, it's a small one but it's a victory.
    In a desperate moment, I took my husband to the room where all of the FD food is stored. He didn't think it was a lot until I pointed to the ceiling so he could see ALL of the cases stacked on the shelf, and not just what's stacked on the floor. He agreed that once we get our motorhome back from the shop, and all of the excess RV supplies (stacked in my office) loaded back in the RV, I should get a couple of HD storage racks. A couple will be a start�� Then we talked about rain catchment, and I again got a grudging "That's probably a good idea". A few minutes later he came back inside and asked me if I had ordered a rain barrel yet - and you know it's ordered! Baby steps but at least I don't feel like I have sole responsibility for our emergency/disaster supplies. He's waking up by leaps and bounds and I couldn't be happier! Next I'm going to look for some suitable fuel storage barrels...