JRH Products
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

food supply and costs.

well, gas shortages, suez blocked, bridge over mighty mississip closed, govt spending like crazy,
    so maybe we should stock up on some food...
    --
    off to sam's for some "wet pack" as one guy calls it with the bride.

we are pushing 2 carts. mainly because of the big tp and the paper towel bundles, and gatorade..
    wife asks, " well, we only got a little chicken and one pack of ground beef, how much are we spending today? "
    my answer.... "hey, this could amount to 250$ " she laughed in a wifely friendly fashion...
    and answered.. " a whole lot more!"

450!
    i was shocked... and wished that i hadn't been complaining about food bills.
    i thought canned veggies were 3 cans for a dollar.
    i may need to go get a job to supplement the ss check.
    then i could quit and get the gov't check.
    !!
    i'm wondering how some folks get multiple peach cards? i'm not sure what the real name is ebt? food stamp card? the gov't card that lets you get groceries..
    i see folks using multiple cards.... is that one card for each personaility?

oops... apologies for the rant!

maybe letting each person have multiple names and extra free s boosts the economy?
    i just need some of the free s... that would be fair wouldn't it? everyone get the same free s?
    maybe if i got political card from that other political party, i would get a free s card! ?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    well, gas shortages, suez blocked, bridge over mighty mississip closed, govt spending like crazy,
    so maybe we should stock up on some food...
    --
    off to sam's for some "wet pack" as one guy calls it with the bride.

we are pushing 2 carts. mainly because of the big tp and the paper towel bundles, and gatorade..
    wife asks, " well, we only got a little chicken and one pack of ground beef, how much are we spending today? "
    my answer.... "hey, this could amount to 250$ " she laughed in a wifely friendly fashion...
    and answered.. " a whole lot more!"

450!
    i was shocked... and wished that i hadn't been complaining about food bills.
    i thought canned veggies were 3 cans for a dollar.
    i may need to go get a job to supplement the ss check.
    then i could quit and get the gov't check.
    !!
    i'm wondering how some folks get multiple peach cards? i'm not sure what the real name is ebt? food stamp card? the gov't card that lets you get groceries..
    i see folks using multiple cards.... is that one card for each personaility?

oops... apologies for the rant!

maybe letting each person have multiple names and extra free s boosts the economy?
    i just need some of the free s... that would be fair wouldn't it? everyone get the same free s?
    maybe if i got political card from that other political party, i would get a free s card! ?
    I made my 3rd grocery run in a week, and when I got home my husband asked "Did you get meat?" Well, I did but I really only have room in my upright freezer for about 4 more pork chops, maybe a couple pounds of ground beef (I bought 2 today), a couple more steaks (I bought 2 today), and another 10-pack of chicken thighs (I bought #11 lbs a few days ago). Then he turned to canned goods, and I said "A can of chicken breast will stay viable about a year. A #10 can of chicken breast will be viable for 25 years." Then the garden: "Why didn't you plant a bigger garden?" to which I replied "Because I gave up half my garden space to make room for the motorhome egress". (I'm already eyeballing the yard for another spot I can commandeer, and I think I've found it! Next year I'll buy some more galvanized raised bed containers as the ones I have are working out well) Then I said "If you would let me get some chickens, we would never starve" and he changed the subject. He's coming around It's a process.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @wwdnet....where did you get the galvanized raised bed containers?
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    I ordered them from Home Depot (in the spring). There are other sources but more expensive. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stratco-...8424/304691891

It's a fairly expensive startup because of the Miracle Gro raised bed garden mix, but once it's in there, it's a done deal, except for fertilizer, for a long time, and you don't fertilize for at least 3-4 months.

Administrator
    I just ordered 3 more of the Stratco raised bed containers. There's room in the current plot to run them perpendicular to the existing containers. I just need another roll of weed net. There are a lot more pix but it's too early for your nap!

20210515_132806.jpg 20210515_132908.jpg

20210515_133205.jpg 20210515_133101.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    I ordered them from Home Depot (in the spring). There are other sources but more expensive. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stratco-...8424/304691891

It's a fairly expensive startup because of the Miracle Gro raised bed garden mix, but once it's in there, it's a done deal, except for fertilizer, for a long time, and you don't fertilize for at least 3-4 months.
    Thank You...
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    FYI - 4 day delivery and the box is in the dining room!
    First tomatoes, squash, and one bell pepper.
    20210520_094931.jpg

Blog Entries
    wow, not bad shipping time...

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    wow, not bad shipping time...
    Considering the box shipped from up north, I think it's great shipping time. Excited to get garden phase 2 going!

Administrator
    Do you have a cat/cats? Do you feed them wet pack? If so, be aware that there is a shortage. I went shopping today and was able to get enough for a couple weeks, but the shelves were almost bare of every brand! Again, the disclaimer about the shortage being due to a "manufacturer production issue".