JRH Products

what have you added to your list of needs... or what should you add?

covid/politics/economy/etc... has sure cranked up my paranoid tendencies...
    lots of small situations are causing me to add to my list and to change some priorities...

what about you?
    example... a family house is for sale... i could get it for a discount... was looking forward to getting a small cut of the sale.
    on second thought... house is remote... more so than my current house... farming community... maybe i should be trying to buy it... not help sell it. 2 choices,,, sell my current and make this the new main dwelling, or
    convince some other family members that this would make a great "retreat/backup/secondary/emergency" location.
    --
    doing some chain saw work... a bigger saw would sure be nice... i just "split" a bar... i suspect oiling process is not working properly... it would be a good time to
    have the current saw, inspected by someone smarter than me... and give it a good overhaul.
    --
    i have some food that is long out of date... was about to trash it... hmm... maybe i should save it to share with the destitute and ornery... a good case of the trots might discourage them from returning to this pantry. " sorry bud, but this is all i've got... it will fill you up, but you'll get the mexican trots..you'll regret eating it... but you can take some if you want it."

--
    a friend is inventorying some equipment. he's come up with several tools of oddball dimensions.. a 204 and a 270 wsm... he's willing to sell.. i don't need the oddball stuff, or do i? oddball may be better than nothing.
    --
    a container of fuel (bigger than what i have access to now)

--
    time to buy a few 90% dimes or sell the ones i have?
    --
    gardening tools are the cheap variety... should have bought the high quality stuff...--
    --
    small country gas station is for sale nearby... several local fellas are thinking about pooling their money and buying it... out of town fella is currently high bidder.. high bidder plans to bulldoze it and rebuild a quickie mart.
    in this area, the quickie marts attract the lesser desirable loiters... maybe it would be worthwhile to dig up a buried can and put some retirement money into the local boy group and looking for more contributors

--

recently sold some small tractor impleements... they were in poor shape but functioned... i think i should have been buying (or at least kept and not sold what we had)

adding a hand operated well..
    Last edited by rockriver; 05-25-2021 at 03:21 AM. Reason: adding well with hand pump and more info on station.

Administrator
    Buy the gas station and then you can have a WAY bigger container of fuel.

If I had the option to buy a farmette, I would definitely do it.

We never get rid of tools - because ya never know!

wwdnet,
    thanks
    i wish i could buy it by myself..... 3 problems... 1... a little short on funds... 2... tanks are pretty old... 3... current owners do a lot of small engine repair and i'm no mechanic.

suggestion for a group buy is a good one... but so far, none of us have the big $ that would be needed or another angle is "not enough contributors"

Administrator
    Sad - there aren't a lot of qualified mechanics looking for a job, since there's a shortage of skilled workers/technicians. Money is an issue without a solution unless you have someone with enough to bankroll everyone else Old tanks are a bigger problem and the EPA would be taking a close look at them. Replacement would be ridiculously expensive.

Would current owners lease it to you in lieu of an outright purchase?

i saw ld's ad for armor plate. should be on my list
    got in truck for important run to town... engine would barely turn over.... battery.. 5+ years old...
    no prior signs of a problem.

if lumber ever comes down in price...
    a stack of 2x4, 2x6 etc.... and a stack of plywood and/or osb.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    i saw ld's ad for armor plate. should be on my list
    got in truck for important run to town... engine would barely turn over.... battery.. 5+ years old...
    no prior signs of a problem.

if lumber ever comes down in price...
    a stack of 2x4, 2x6 etc.... and a stack of plywood and/or osb.
    A new ladder for the pool because there's no way we can afford the lumber to rebuild the existing deck!

I could use a more up to date tractor, night vision would be nice but I'll just have to settle for paying off the BOL this year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.