JRH Products

How fiat money changes culture

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...hanges-culture

Some good points-

While many like to think of government programs and welfare statism as a "safety net" for society, consider that these programs fundamentally drive the wrong behaviors. Where historically, non-government-based mutual-aid societies promoted a culture of self-reliance and thrift, government welfare states promote the opposite, the end result being that government programs remove the safeguards that a market society would have. In this way, fiat money frees people from the prior "restraints" of polite society, with expectations for productive and civil behavior broken.
    Reminds me of every Walmart trip where I've been unfortunate enough to get behind someone paying with that big ole' PEACH card (GA ebt/free card). Just yesterday picked a line with an older cashier who I know is on the ball. Line only has two white women in it, one is roughly my age (40's) and another looking even more haggard probably not much older but being a poster girl for Meth looks to be in her 60's. The younger one even has the official casual uniform of S. GA women on- the little t shirt with all the southern sayings "bless your heart" dumplings, sweet teas and whatever...

So these dirtbags have taken a 4 pack of the glass Starbucks coffee drinks, replaced TWO of the normal size ones with 2 larger ones that you get out of the coolers near the front. And they are trying to pass that off to the cashier. Come the frick on people.... While I have a few minutes away from work these losers are trying to scam Walmart for a couple bucks... I picture the old Beavis and Butthead episode where they literally photocopy dollar bills- and nickels- and try to pass them off. The scam is that obvious. The older cashier is pleasant in the "I don't think you can do that....." type of hint way. They start to protest- "well it was like that,....." I was right in line behind them and of course by this point have all my goods up on the belt. A young black girl that is a CSM walks by, stops, looks back, notices the clear BS going on and says "you can't do that." The meth sisters protest- "well find us the other two then, this was all that was back there...." The black girl is trying to be nice and walks off to find the other two. I literally drop an expletive semi quietly and start putting my things back in the cart. The old cashier looks at me, shakes her head slightly as if to say she knows something I don't and just wait a sec. So I wait. After a minute the younger meth sister opens her wallet and pulls out- wait for it.... You would have never guessed right? Yes the old PEACH card. She has to swipe it several times either because she's high or because she doesn't have the funds. Never saw any actual FRN's cross hands so I'm guessing she had enough "you owes me" credit.

Couple minutes later the young black girl CSM comes back with the 4 pack that "wasn't there."

Welfare people constantly waste productive time of people that actually work and pay for their things. When is the world going to understand that and set up a separate line (1 only) for those paying with Ebt/snap/any FSA currency?

Come on people- it's simple economics- the more I'm out working- and the cashier and the CSM as well- the more money we are paying in taxes which means more free $hit for the FSA types. Hell they should be all in for my plan!!

Freed of prior constraints that families, religion, and communities used to impose, people often turn to more short-term gratification. They may engage in more reckless behavior that previously would have had economic consequences, such as the cost of raising children.

We recently worked on a 23 year old kitchen remodel. It was just "outdated" quite a bit of stuff wasn't working correctly, etc. Just stuff you start to "live" with day to day, fix a little here and there but just live with. It cost (to me) a helluva lot of money. We could have put it on credit or worse got a mortgage or some non sense and went "whole hog" with it. Nope we saved up, paid for new fridge first and got that. Some months later paid for the new cabinets, some months later paid for the quartz countertop. What's interesting is in cleaning out 23 years of stuff in some of the cabinets we found 5 salsa jars stashed with cash in them. I make it a habit of sticking 1s, 5s, and 10s in my pocket instead of back in my wallet. When I get home I often put some of this into salsa jars or (later) quart jars. Last few years I've been putting cash from classes I teach in them as well. The once or twice a year we have to go to trade shows we open one or two of them before we go and count out the money, taking the 1's, 5's and 10's to the bank and cashing them in for larger bills. Then at the shows we pay for meals, tips, buying supplies, etc. with that cash. Then we aren't racking up a big CC bill to come home to and we aren't swiping CC at every odd location up'ing the risk of getting the card compromised.

Saving money- what an odd concept any more? I'm a fool, I just need to get me a peach card, scam the system and have no morals or care for anyone else's time or inconvenience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

yahoo!
    bertter than reading a louis l'amor (sp?) shoot 'em up..
    and
    it's only going to get worse... sadly....
    someone just told me that meth sisters are going to start getting 300 per bastard PER MONTH.
    i'm sure they were lying just to get my dander up...

Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    yahoo!
    bertter than reading a louis l'amor (sp?) shoot 'em up..
    and
    it's only going to get worse... sadly....
    someone just told me that meth sisters are going to start getting 300 per bastard PER MONTH.
    i'm sure they were lying just to get my dander up...
    Probably plus money from the baby daddy if they know/can guess who he is or can get money out of him. Child support as an income source seems to be part and parcel now with young women.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."