JRH Products

Thread: verizon charges

verizon charges

not sure where to put this post.. someone holler if it is in the wrong forum.

we have worked hard to keep verizon charges low...
    we would have changed but our house is situated so that most carriers signal don't reach here.
    --
    we had a very low data plan.. if we left home, we needed more. and the increase was 15/gig or some such number that
    verizon would add to the bill every time we needed another gig (whatever that is) of service.

so we bumped it up to 5 gigs per month... that lasted about 2 months then got the familiar "you are about to run out of gigs, we will be adding 15 to your bill"

so we called verizon and asked how much to reach the next level.. ? the lady immediately said "you have a special discount. that will save you 40/month"

bottom line... going from 5 gigs to unlimited will cost us less than a dollar per month!! shock and happy surprise..

i suspect that competition is forcing this move. which is great.
    if you haven't checked recently, you may want to.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    not sure where to put this post.. someone holler if it is in the wrong forum.

we have worked hard to keep verizon charges low...
    we would have changed but our house is situated so that most carriers signal don't reach here.
    --
    we had a very low data plan.. if we left home, we needed more. and the increase was 15/gig or some such number that
    verizon would add to the bill every time we needed another gig (whatever that is) of service.

so we bumped it up to 5 gigs per month... that lasted about 2 months then got the familiar "you are about to run out of gigs, we will be adding 15 to your bill"

so we called verizon and asked how much to reach the next level.. ? the lady immediately said "you have a special discount. that will save you 40/month"

bottom line... going from 5 gigs to unlimited will cost us less than a dollar per month!! shock and happy surprise..

i suspect that competition is forcing this move. which is great.
    if you haven't checked recently, you may want to.
    That's amazing! Verizon coverage is best across the state, but we have Metro by T-Mobile for a flat $75/month for 2 lines, unlimited everything. AT&T doesn't even have coverage where we live and after fighting it for a couple years, even adding a microcell, coverage was inconsistent. Verizon has more options for the motorhome, but I can't justify the cost.

I have not been on for a while so I just saw this thread. I've been on the Verizon network for years with my company phone for work, and it's always been great coverage, at least where I live. (And where ever I've traveled..) When I went shopping for a personal phone and plan, I must have looked at a dozen plans or more. I ended up with Visible Wireless, because they use the Verizon network. I now have unlimited talk, text, AND data, for $25 a month. And it's 5G in most areas. I can watch YouTube videos everyday at lunch time, with no worries about data limits. (Mostly prepper videos, with a couple "low Bridge vs truck" videos thrown in for laughs.. )

Here's a link to their page... https://www.visible.com/get/3mFbqv it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible. If you use my friend code, 3mFbqv, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5.00.

My wife and I drove from Michigan to Key West, Florida for vacation in June, I had great coverage for most of the trip, in places where her AT&T coverage was spotty. Oh, and a bonus... I was able to use my Visible wireless phone as a hot spot to get my laptop online. My wife's plan won't let her do that.

As far as Florida in June - No one told me that it rains like EVERYDAY there in June!! Oh well, live and learn.
    Last edited by miked2345; 08-19-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Administrator
    It's only 4G where I live, and honestly, we're happy with our current plan. I'd consider it as the next alternative.

Was renewing some stuff at Verizon recently and actually had a helpful gal there. Last gal a year back evidently didn't make plan changes she claimed she did...

This one was pretty helpful. She also pointed out that we could save $10. per line (we have 4) by signing up for "autopay." I usually old skewl and don't like that sort of thing, but a $40. monthly almost $500. yearly savings is enough of a hook for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Was renewing some stuff at Verizon recently and actually had a helpful gal there. Last gal a year back evidently didn't make plan changes she claimed she did...

This one was pretty helpful. She also pointed out that we could save $10. per line (we have 4) by signing up for "autopay." I usually old skewl and don't like that sort of thing, but a $40. monthly almost $500. yearly savings is enough of a hook for me.
    I auto-pay our cell phone bill, internet bill, streaming bill, electric bill, car insurance, and water bill. It saves me having to worry about disconnect notices.

Yes, I always stayed away from all the "Auto-pay" things myself, in the past. However, in our area, we've had some spotty service lately with the U.S. Mail, like not getting our bills, or getting them late. So I've resorted to going to "Autopay" on a lot of things. I guess I'm helping the mailman out with his load of mail.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by miked2345 View Post
    Yes, I always stayed away from all the "Auto-pay" things myself, in the past. However, in our area, we've had some spotty service lately with the U.S. Mail, like not getting our bills, or getting them late. So I've resorted to going to "Autopay" on a lot of things. I guess I'm helping the mailman out with his load of mail.
    After my surgery, I had just gotten home when our water bill came in. To be honest, I was still taking some very strong painkillers and sleeping most of the time, so I don't even remember seeing it. When I got a warning letter, I said "Dang! Another auto-pay candidate"