JRH Products
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    when this thread was started my thinking was let's monitor the retail market pricing...
    then today i saw this chart.
    and i started thinking about all the stuff that has aluminum in it...
    cans of coke,
    my camper
    some military gear
    household items
    etc...
    a 50% increase in one year!

https://ycharts.com/indicators/aluminum_price

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    when this thread was started my thinking was let's monitor the retail market pricing...
    then today i saw this chart.
    and i started thinking about all the stuff that has aluminum in it...
    cans of coke,
    my camper
    some military gear
    household items
    etc...
    a 50% increase in one year!

https://ycharts.com/indicators/aluminum_price
    That's crazy! I use a lot of aluminum foil, and I know the price is way up.

Administrator
    Publix: 75' roll of heavy duty aluminum foil - $12.79 Left it behind.

10# Li'l Butterball turkey - $27.34 no no no!

I spent $140+ and most of it was BOGO items, no meat, some produce. Ridiculous!

getting off topic a little.... on several issues.

however,
    we are clearing a couple of acres in preparation to plant additional fruit trees and nut trees..
    --
    if i can get a permit i'm burning today some very large piles of trees/bushes.
    bride is dehydrating many persimmons every day. satsumas and lemons are turning orange and yellow... satsumas will be ready in another week or so.

this is one way that a person can cut their grocery bill and possibly provide themselves what is not on the shelves.
    but we are looking at a 4-5 year wait to have produce - or more...
    we took a big box of persimmons to church sunday. trying to gently encourage some folks to plant their own trees...
    several times at church and in other groups we've been told.. "brother, the rapture is coming and Jesus will be here soon. we don't have to suffer. we will be out of here.
    and in the meantime, we can get what we need down at the grocery store."
    this is a common teaching in our area...
    i don't see where that is in His book.
    yep, i went off topic...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    getting off topic a little.... on several issues.

however,
    we are clearing a couple of acres in preparation to plant additional fruit trees and nut trees..
    --
    if i can get a permit i'm burning today some very large piles of trees/bushes.
    bride is dehydrating many persimmons every day. satsumas and lemons are turning orange and yellow... satsumas will be ready in another week or so.

this is one way that a person can cut their grocery bill and possibly provide themselves what is not on the shelves.
    but we are looking at a 4-5 year wait to have produce - or more...
    we took a big box of persimmons to church sunday. trying to gently encourage some folks to plant their own trees...
    several times at church and in other groups we've been told.. "brother, the rapture is coming and Jesus will be here soon. we don't have to suffer. we will be out of here.
    and in the meantime, we can get what we need down at the grocery store."
    this is a common teaching in our area...
    i don't see where that is in His book.
    yep, i went off topic...
    One of our neighbors said he didn't need to store extra food because the grocery store has plenty...

Administrator
    Powdered milk #10 can - 2 weeks ago $23.74, today $37.97

Luckily I had a can in my "cart" and was charged the old price when I checked out!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, had to go to IKEA today to get something that matches an item we already have. Traffic very light on the roads for Black (am I even allowed to say that) Friday. IKEA had about 50% of the shelves where you pick up items that were empty. Huge gaps in the stock and there is no way to hide it. Return home we saw some cars in parking lots of stores, but not packed parking lots. And, the return trip home was very few cars....Are people not buying this year, or are they buying online.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    Okay, had to go to IKEA today to get something that matches an item we already have. Traffic very light on the roads for Black (am I even allowed to say that) Friday. IKEA had about 50% of the shelves where you pick up items that were empty. Huge gaps in the stock and there is no way to hide it. Return home we saw some cars in parking lots of stores, but not packed parking lots. And, the return trip home was very few cars....Are people not buying this year, or are they buying online.
    I went to the hairdresser today, which is about 1/4 mile from my house. Have not done one bit of shopping this year and wasn't about to start on Black Friday! I'll buy some Hallmark ornaments for my grandkids and money all around...not going to NY for Christmas again this year. Husband is having surgery in December...