JRH Products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

price increases... what have you seen?

an invite for any to post recent price increases. food? parts? medical? insurance? labor rates?

example.
    my prescription drug plan was 26.00/month in 21 going to 35.40/month in 22 35% increase.
    jar of pickles has been 2.19 bride reports price is not 4.59 over 100% increase

Administrator
    My usual ribeye steaks: from $12.99 to $18.99/lb. This is just one of everything I buy that has increased in price. What used to be a $50 bread & milk run is now averaging $65. Not only that, but even Publix is looking understocked. The bacon case was about 1/3 empty. I was just doing a bread and milk run today, so I didn't go down every aisle, but I also noticed that the Snapple selection was looking mighty bare...

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    our publix is understocked as well on several items. You can see where they front items but empty shelves behind. stay aware
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    our publix is understocked as well on several items. You can see where they front items but empty shelves behind. stay aware
    Get it while you can and make room for it, even if you're out of room (so you think). I'll be out shopping tomorrow and will see what I see. Maybe I'll get some extra exercise and check out every aisle. I'm not sure where I'll put "more" but I'm sure I can find a few square feet if I stack the cans higher and jam the frozen food in tighter.

the classic vanilla wafers.... bride wanted to make banana pudding for long term friends that are coming over...
    she used to pay 2.19 for a box on sale...
    yesterday price was 4.59 she put it back on the shelf.

What I've been doing to have a good feel for how prices are changing is:
    AMAZON
    Picked a bunch of stuff (serious variety of items) and put it into my cart.
    Then go to cart and mark each as "save for later".
    Then when I open my cart, AMAZON is nice enough to tell me what has gone higher or lower.
    This is what I use for my primary feel for prices changing.
    At times, it's unsettling.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    What I've been doing to have a good feel for how prices are changing is:
    AMAZON
    Picked a bunch of stuff (serious variety of items) and put it into my cart.
    Then go to cart and mark each as "save for later".
    Then when I open my cart, AMAZON is nice enough to tell me what has gone higher or lower.
    This is what I use for my primary feel for prices changing.
    At times, it's unsettling.
    I see that Publix has ribeyes "on sale" for $15.19/lb....used to be sale ribeyes were no more than $8.99/lb. It's the same with almost everything now. I am trying to eat up any frozen leftovers to make room for "cheap" meats if I can find any. We've had soup and sandwiches, and hot dogs and fries, and today we had leftover frozen food. Trying to get my grocery bill down to less than $200/week. It used to be about $120-$130.

tractor attachment ... is all metal.
    i stopped at dealer, who has been honest in the past...
    he had one unit left... $800. i thought was high..
    he explained that this was last one and had some real minor rust...
    he explained that as all small tractor equipment sales were booming..
    his next order of this item would be there in a few days, but price would be 900...
    and that his order after that would be priced at 1000.

i bought the 800 then went to an agri supply store that typically has good prices... better than a "tractor dealership"

they had sold there last item this morning for 960... i suspect it was heavier duty than the one i bought. ??
    he could not commit on pricing for the next unit they would be getting in... sales guy says.
    "sir, have you been following the price of anything made of steel... they are all going up and going up fast."

bottom line... i suggest that if you need any kind of steel implement or any item made of steel.. go ahead and order it!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    went to publix a couple days ago. many gaps on the shelves especially in beverages like coke, pepsi, gatorade, and fruit drinks, etc.. Almost every isle we went down had sections bare and nothing to even front to fill the gaps. Now, we don't go down every isle, but we purposely went down more than we usually do to check.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    went to publix a couple days ago. many gaps on the shelves especially in beverages like coke, pepsi, gatorade, and fruit drinks, etc.. Almost every isle we went down had sections bare and nothing to even front to fill the gaps. Now, we don't go down every isle, but we purposely went down more than we usually do to check.
    I was in Publix today and same thing. I'm going to make clam chowder and I grabbed 2 bottles of clam juice - that was the entire inventory! Lots of gaps, especially in the protein drink area, processed meat cooler, and tortilla racks. Some types of items have been missing for weeks. Lady shopping next to me commented that she had been to BJs for 3 things, and only found one (toilet paper and paper towels being the missing items). Getting worse every week...