JRH Products

cpi chart... i don't understand the chart. help!

an associate sent this to me... we've been debating increased cost of living..

i've never seen this chart before...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/...average_in_20/

the headline looks clear. but i still can't explain it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    an associate sent this to me... we've been debating increased cost of living..

i've never seen this chart before...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/...average_in_20/

the headline looks clear. but i still can't explain it.
    If you look at the month-over-month consumer price index, most of the increases were 2% or less...until 2021. We are now at a raging 5.9% consumer price index increase, which just means how much more we're paying for consumer goods. Last I knew, this didn't include groceries, which if true means the increase is much higher. Unless your salary/hourly wage is keeping pace with a 5.9% rate of inflation, you're going under bit by bit...

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ditto what wwdnet said...that 5.9% is what SS should be raising peoples monthy check by starting Jan 2022...lets see if that really happens...
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    ditto what wwdnet said...that 5.9% is what SS should be raising peoples monthy check by starting Jan 2022...lets see if that really happens...
    CPI also does NOT include fuel cost...how clever of them

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdnet View Post
    CPI also does NOT include fuel cost...how clever of them
    I understand it does not include food or fuel costs.....they do that for a reason or we would be seeing double digits which would not go well with people paying attention
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    I understand it does not include food or fuel costs.....they do that for a reason or we would be seeing double digits which would not go well with people paying attention
    The majority of people in this country don't realize that the CPI is product-limited. It's a great gubmint slight of hand...