JRH Products

getting things prepared.... septic tank!

trying to take a look at all factors around the place...
    what can i do to have them ready for a problem time period...

the septic tank came to mind... seems it was a problem in a book i read... family had several folks move in with them and tank "backed up"

we couldn't remember when it had last been pumped out.
    so we called and asked the pumper outer to come by... $225! sheesh.

he dug up the pump out location. we both looked in and guy commented... "your drain field is working good. i was glad to hear that and asked how did he know?... answer
    "tank is at the correct level" top of the fluid was about 2 feet below the opening... so sharing this with you guys...
    if you want to check your tank... if the fluid is about 2 feet below the opening... no need to have it pumped.'

i asked what happened to his truck full of waste... i had trouble understanding him, but something on the order of
    they dump the load... liquids go one way, and solids are allowed to dry out... farmers get the dried poop and use it for fertilizer.. ( i didn't know this!)
    the liquid has chlorine added to it and is dumped into the river that goes through the big town nearby...
    i asked if the fishing was good in that area... "sho is. there is a good spot right straight acrost the river... good catfish there."

i know this is a stinky subject... just thought y'all might want to hear a nasty story!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    trying to take a look at all factors around the place...
    what can i do to have them ready for a problem time period...

the septic tank came to mind... seems it was a problem in a book i read... family had several folks move in with them and tank "backed up"

we couldn't remember when it had last been pumped out.
    so we called and asked the pumper outer to come by... $225! sheesh.

he dug up the pump out location. we both looked in and guy commented... "your drain field is working good. i was glad to hear that and asked how did he know?... answer
    "tank is at the correct level" top of the fluid was about 2 feet below the opening... so sharing this with you guys...
    if you want to check your tank... if the fluid is about 2 feet below the opening... no need to have it pumped.'

i asked what happened to his truck full of waste... i had trouble understanding him, but something on the order of
    they dump the load... liquids go one way, and solids are allowed to dry out... farmers get the dried poop and use it for fertilizer.. ( i didn't know this!)
    the liquid has chlorine added to it and is dumped into the river that goes through the big town nearby...
    i asked if the fishing was good in that area... "sho is. there is a good spot right straight acrost the river... good catfish there."

i know this is a stinky subject... just thought y'all might want to hear a nasty story!
    Great news on the septic system. I don't know about that catfish for dinner though...