JRH Products

very few trucks on i 40

i'm waiting on guests to appear this morning... from "way out west"

watching youtubes and someone i've never watched before had a report he was quoting from a walmart regional managers meeting
    where different managers were reporting the lack of new truckloads coming to the stores in their regions.
    i sort of poo pooed the video...

then our guests appeared and as we welcome them into the house... all they want to talk about is the lack of trucks on i 40...
    they got off 40 in memphis. but had been on i 40 for many states...
    both man and wife continued to talk about the difference... where usually the trucks are constant long lines... now.. just 2 or 3 in their view.
    man is buying a dodge truck... he had trouble getting his order placed...
    i was in local big (usually) chevy dealer yesterday. got horrible service. only saw one employee that i'd seen before.
    they had one new 1500 in stock. no 2500 or 3500... they have a 2500 ordered that will be here in a month and the buyer is shaky so it may be available! one.
    i'm buying a used tractor implement from a farmer... his farm truck is covered in dust..so i asked why... he had a suspension problem... it's fixed now.. but they are supposed to put one certain nut on to finish the job. can't get it... so truck is sitting... he's using his fancy "sunday" truck on the farm now.

so... matches the walmart story.
    supply problem is worse than i wanted to believe.

guess, i'm heading to town to stock up on a few things once guests leave.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    i'm waiting on guests to appear this morning... from "way out west"

watching youtubes and someone i've never watched before had a report he was quoting from a walmart regional managers meeting
    where different managers were reporting the lack of new truckloads coming to the stores in their regions.
    i sort of poo pooed the video...

then our guests appeared and as we welcome them into the house... all they want to talk about is the lack of trucks on i 40...
    they got off 40 in memphis. but had been on i 40 for many states...
    both man and wife continued to talk about the difference... where usually the trucks are constant long lines... now.. just 2 or 3 in their view.
    man is buying a dodge truck... he had trouble getting his order placed...
    i was in local big (usually) chevy dealer yesterday. got horrible service. only saw one employee that i'd seen before.
    they had one new 1500 in stock. no 2500 or 3500... they have a 2500 ordered that will be here in a month and the buyer is shaky so it may be available! one.
    i'm buying a used tractor implement from a farmer... his farm truck is covered in dust..so i asked why... he had a suspension problem... it's fixed now.. but they are supposed to put one certain nut on to finish the job. can't get it... so truck is sitting... he's using his fancy "sunday" truck on the farm now.

so... matches the walmart story.
    supply problem is worse than i wanted to believe.

guess, i'm heading to town to stock up on a few things once guests leave.
    Please don't wait - we're a long way from full store inventories. If you can find it, buy it! If you need FD, check prices at Amazon daily. They have a lot of flash deals that can save more than a few bucks. As a professional shopper, I had enough reward points to get three #10 cans of FD for less than $7. I also order online from Walmart, where the availability is much better than in the stores.

Blog Entries
    Plenty here.
    But over all the supply chain and the dominio effecr is real.
    Many have thier " I get it now" heads in the sand.
    Noticed it's mostly entitled types( rich and poor).

Way we run our shop and service now is.
    Get it while you can,where you can..how you can.

Got try to buy certain paints,caulking,appliances...and parts.
    One week...nothing..next 100...them none.

Normal industries are going thru what guns and ammo did a year ago.

Plan ahead
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Yep.

A buddy we do combatives with is a long haul trucker and like minded. Goes from GA to CA very regularly. I asked him about the port situation. "Oh it's a frickin mess! You don't see any CA truck tags when you get out there." I asked about that part- "was it because all the CA covid mandates and similar BS" and he believed it was.

He is independent, has raised prices 30% in the last month and will do so again in a month. I asked him about it- "everyone is paying it and it's not like that's all profit. Most places have raised more than this."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Quote Originally Posted by protus View Post
    Plenty here.
    But over all the supply chain and the dominio effecr is real.
    Many have thier " I get it now" heads in the sand.
    Noticed it's mostly entitled types( rich and poor).

Way we run our shop and service now is.
    Get it while you can,where you can..how you can.

Got try to buy certain paints,caulking,appliances...and parts.
    One week...nothing..next 100...them none.

Normal industries are going thru what guns and ammo did a year ago.

Plan ahead
    Because I have solar panels powering my house, I invested in a third freezer and stepped up our deer hunting. So far 4 of them have met their demise and filled the freezer. With a lb of beef nearly $8 at the local Food Lion, and Mountain House Ground Beef out of stock everywhere, this will be invaluable this next year. Next I need a nice electric meat grinder cuz my arm was getting wore out with the manual one I have. lol

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know this thread was specifically about I-40, but we just drove back from TN to FL on I-75. The trucks we saw (drove Thursday and Friday) on I-75 was crazy. My wife even said "is this the normal amount of trucks, because it really seems like a lot of them today?" Then the next day she said the same thing. I would say most were heading Northbound, but there were plenty heading south. We would see "trains" of them of 10-20+ trucks all traveling together, which we we would seldom see in the 15+ years we have traveled back and forth.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

thanks patriotic,
    that is great news!

to all,
    please feel free to post any info/observation on trucking you hear about or observe.

we've ordered a piece of equipment in october... paperwork promises it will be shipped by nov. 30. i need to be here when it is delivered, so i called factory..
    any updates on shipping/delivery dates?
    yes. "an email is on the way stating that delivery will be delayed 4 weeks subject to port and rail concerns..."
    poot! that could mean next spring!? sounds like it is not on conus soil yet.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    we've ordered a piece of equipment in october... paperwork promises it will be shipped by nov. 30. i need to be here when it is delivered, so i called factory..
    any updates on shipping/delivery dates?
    yes. "an email is on the way stating that delivery will be delayed 4 weeks subject to port and rail concerns..."
    poot! that could mean next spring!? sounds like it is not on conus soil yet.
    Sitting off the CA coast or maybe Vancouver?