JRH Products

Thread: fuel containers

fuel containers

i suspect most of the folks on here have large fuel tanks. 250/500/more.
    but some of us are in the category of this guy on video with a few 5 gallon containers.
    --
    as he said... this surely is not a suggestion or instruction or how to on my part...
    do your own investigation as to proper procedures...
    in my case ... we are in a high rise condo so no 55 gallon tank in the hallway for us!!
    --
    he sets up 55 gallon drum of fuel for diesel and same for gasoline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTn0ttUOS0c

Interesting guy.
    But he had the 55gallon drum inside a building....Dumb!

Yes, I run a 500gallon gravity feed gas for the trucks and 2 250 gallon ground level for diesel with a pickup truck aux fuel tank 12 volt pump for the tractors.

However.
    Before I got to this plot of land, I used two different setups and still keep them around.
    17 gallon drumss have the same bunghole sizes as the 55 gallon drums
    Much easier to actually pick up and they fit vertically in the back of most SUVs.
    Currently, I keep them full of kerosene.

Lastly, I use the army diesel fuel cans (the plastic ones ) for diesel and the NATO metal ones for gas.
    The .mil can's I grease the cap threads and they don't leak or seep.
    The NATO ones have a good rubber seal but buy some spares from old grouch surplus (think that's the name) because eventually the rubber rots.

I don't keep any fuel containers inside of any building.

Hope this helps somebody.

Merry Christmas all !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Interesting guy.
    But he had the 55gallon drum inside a building....Dumb!

Yes, I run a 500gallon gravity feed gas for the trucks and 2 250 gallon ground level for diesel with a pickup truck aux fuel tank 12 volt pump for the tractors.

However.
    Before I got to this plot of land, I used two different setups and still keep them around.
    17 gallon drumss have the same bunghole sizes as the 55 gallon drums
    Much easier to actually pick up and they fit vertically in the back of most SUVs.
    Currently, I keep them full of kerosene.

Lastly, I use the army diesel fuel cans (the plastic ones ) for diesel and the NATO metal ones for gas.
    The .mil can's I grease the cap threads and they don't leak or seep.
    The NATO ones have a good rubber seal but buy some spares from old grouch surplus (think that's the name) because eventually the rubber rots.

I don't keep any fuel containers inside of any building.

Hope this helps somebody.

Merry Christmas all !!!!!!!
    We only have 5 gallon containers that we keep in a garden tool shed. There's no chance of vapors/fumes accumulating in that well-ventilated building and nothing but tools in there besides the gasoline.