JRH Products

Thread: covid test kits

covid test kits

we traveled by air over Christmas. leaving to return home, our hosts handed us a small box with 2 covid tests in the box.
    bride knew that our pharmacy had similar test kits for about $20. each so she went to get us 4 or 5 ...

pharmacy was out of the $20 box with 2 tests inside.. and had a different brand for sale for 30 that only had one test in it. she bought 2 of them.

this week we have had two known contacts with covid folks. (didn't know it at the time)
    so we decided to self test using the box with 2 tests in it. got negative results which made us happy.

we are watching for additional tests... back at the $10 level. (2 tests for 20)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    we traveled by air over Christmas. leaving to return home, our hosts handed us a small box with 2 covid tests in the box.
    bride knew that our pharmacy had similar test kits for about $20. each so she went to get us 4 or 5 ...

pharmacy was out of the $20 box with 2 tests inside.. and had a different brand for sale for 30 that only had one test in it. she bought 2 of them.

this week we have had two known contacts with covid folks. (didn't know it at the time)
    so we decided to self test using the box with 2 tests in it. got negative results which made us happy.

we are watching for additional tests... back at the $10 level. (2 tests for 20)
    I'm waiting for the freebie gov test kits and will ask for 8 of them (that will be the limit, I think). Your private insurance (if you have it) has to reimburse you the cost of kits you pay for.

Thinking I'm going to wait for the Ebola test kits to come out.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Thinking I'm going to wait for the Ebola test kits to come out.
    Yeah, that too - China sure is having a rough time with its engineered diseases...

China doesn't really care about any people, including theirs.

To them, people are an expendable commodity.

my bride found some test kits on amazon... we just signed up... closing that out!
    a 13.00 charge showed up on the credit card... ain't going to do that.

IMHO,,, That's a PERSONAL OPINE.

This ENTIRE SARS-COV-2 thing has been one of the singularly most mismanaged things I have seen our politicians so since they put American Citizens of japanese descent into concentration camps. or (Like Fauci) gave syphilis to BLACK AMERICAN CITIZENS and then sat back and watched them die.

we found a bunch of test kits for sale if you buy the case. so we splurged. big expense. and it took a long time to get here.
    thought we could donate a few to friends that had helped us in the past. sell some at our cost.. provide them to a few
    select relatives for free. etc... bottom line, an effort to help others.

wrong...

here are some responses we've rec'd ..
    1. we are God believing Christians and won't get the virus, so we don't need to test. (message being that rr and family aren't "God believing Christians")
    2. we are getting some free from the post office. the government will provide them for us.
    3. i can go to the doctor and get tested for free!
    4. you are just trying to profit off this pandemic. (i just offered the guy a test kit for 5$ to 20$ cheaper than anywhere in our region.. if they were available)
    5. my sister has promised us some. she's in texas. and she will send us some tests when she gets hers.
    6. i'm real careful and don't go around other people... hey, did you see the cost of a steak at wally world or sams... prices going through the roof.

sometimes trying to help folks. doesn't work.

Administrator
    We've tried giving free advice to some neighbors, like stocking up on non-perishables. In general, they ignore us; I hope if the stores continue to run out of everything, the neighbors will continue to ignore us!